Help with Discogs selling

When shipping from the UK with Royal Mail onlione you have to input the IOSS number from Discogs which should avoid you having to pay any more tax at your end. I would just check with the seller that they are doing this to be sure.

Anyone been kicked out of Discogs?

Trying to log in, but as soon as I enter my U/N & P/W I’m being asked to enter a code (which has been sent to my ‘preferred application’), but I’ve not received an email or text.

I’m stuck.

I just had to reset my password, but got in once I’d done that. Just a guess, but do you have Google Authenticator configured for multi factor authentication? You might need a code from that.

2 Likes

You beauty. Didn’t even think of that. Thank you.

1 Like

When you click on Collection it shows at the bottom of the screen the low, median and high values of your collection. Is that a new feature or was it there before?

Think it’s always been there.

1 Like

Always been there but they sent an email out recently saying the “improved” the way that number is calculated…

1 Like

Any advice on how you ship records and what service to use via Royal Mail.

Do you expect to receive a £40 eBay purchase via a tracked service?

What do you pay to ship a single record in a cardboard mailer.

Just shipped on within UK and it was £8.15 tracked.

Living in the sticks and with a post office next door it’s easier than trying to use another courier

1 Like

I use Royal Mail Tracked 48. It costs £3.29 for the UK. Buy in the app and you can drop off at a depot. Or pay 16p and you can drop off over the counter at the Post Office (they scan the QR code from the app). Their Tracked 24 costs 70p more. As far as I can ascertain it’s pretty much the same service you’ve just paid 8 quid for over the counter at the PO. You get up to 2Kg for that price so you can send quite a few records for that flat rate.

I wouldn’t expect anything sent to me to be tracked unless stated.

I use Royal Mail International Tracked for Europe. I’ve used UPS for tracked mail to the US a few times now. Usually works out a bit cheaper than Royal Mail for sending records.

Not had any issues with any of these services at all.

3 Likes

I use 48 Tracked for the UK too. Drop off at my local P.O. Job’s a good ‘un.

1 Like

And just to be clear, the PO don’t offer that service over the counter. You need to purchase in the Royal Mail app.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense from the way the guy looked at me when I asked.

Thanks for the advice useful to know for the future.

god forbid someone hacks you & buys some records!

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve never bothered with buying postage on the app. I just take them to the PO. 2nd class for £3.49. Any orders £25 and above I send signed for/appropriately covered.

Oddly Germany seems to have the most unreliable postal service/most delays. But Brexit has generally killed most EU trade

Royal Mail will also collect from you for free which has been a godsend for me, no more queuing at the post office!

1 Like

Just had a single order come in for 21 (!) items that I’m selling - absolutely no idea how I package this one up :grimacing:

Good question. I only have standard envelope type mailers. (have been known to use two taped together to seven or eight 12’s out)

You must be getting rid of some good records if someone has an wants list alignment of 21 records, well done on your progress. (edit) I have no idea on your selling history but well done, spend the cash on more records…

1 Like

Very strange. I’ve just had a similar order with multiple records.

Don’t suppose the user is fattyfatty is it?

I’m probably going to use multiple mailers and just strap them all together securely.

1 Like

Taping a few mailers together is my current plan, will see how it goes.

And yep, the cash will be going on an order from ColdCutsHotWax who currently have a 25% discount code on when you spend £100+, conveniently the order came to £76…

Was mostly some cheapies and doubles I had:

Not the same user no!