Hauls Found Today

Ongoing, so don’t know how communicate the details without escalating and sh*t smearing. Not the first and won’t be the last nut running a shop. I’m not going to waste any more time defining what level and type of Narcissism we are dealing with here, although I could have probably been on the money just reading his shop ads.

I’m fairly disagreable and hope to get a set of three, second one is an easy ban when I can get there and find it open, the third will need me to find another vendor of records who takes a dislike to my money.

As far as the hauls on here is concerned, I buy records from shops and bootsales at whatever the vendor is asking if I consider it to be cheap/fair price or the record is going to be hard to find elsewhere.

There’s a enough stories on TP to collate a book

2 Likes

Sounds like a sad experience, sorry thought it might have been more in line with the worst DJ’ing thread. Why do there have to be so many whoppers in the world? Plenty more shops that would love our splosh.

Had a quick look in the Oxfam in Islington at lunch time. Nothing to speak of in there, but for some bizarre reason there were four (yes four) brand new sealed copies of “I Like To Move It” by Reel To Real Featuring The Mad Stuntman.
Jump on them quick if you’re a Reel To Real Featuring The Mad Stuntman fan, suspect they won’t stick around for long. :grin:

6 Likes

Sounds like they’re finding it hard to move it, move it. Move it.

11 Likes

Priced from £5 on the reggae album to free on the top secret 7as its warped from the sun. I’d recommend a listen to the Cimex Invasion, what digging is all about…
I can leave the Astralasia on the stall and pick it up next week at £8. Noboby else to compete with round here.
Edit. ‘Munich Disco Mix’ well had to give it a whirl with that remix title

5 Likes

Future Sound Of London on the mix of Bryan Ferry. Also comes on 7 for the Balearic pop version. This was a find at the boot for £3
Been a bit sparse…

4 Likes

Last few weekends have been sparse for me as well, although I do find that happens during the summer months with car boot sales, usually have my best luck in the spring and the tail end of summer.

Did pick these up yesterday morning though:

1 Like

Most of them up for sale on discogs / eBay - trying to be more ruthless about selling records I’m not really going to play

2 Likes

I love that Lori & The Chameleons 7”

Woah, wut!

Not the cheapest haul, but clock tower records in bridport had just had someone’s collection in. A box of immaculate new order, similar of Bowie and a shedload of similar pink Floyd if that’s your thing.

Also a good amount of one dove, early saint etienne, fluke

I settled for these

And a new one of these because mine is knackered

8 Likes

I had Jonny Panic on a 99p CD Single after Steve Procter did a review of dance singles in NME early 91 Great record
The review also covered JJ Tribute / Frank K / DJ H feat Stephy

JJ Tribute, top piece of piano goodness.

1 Like

Few bits gathered over the weekend in Valencia. I mainly hung out at a bar that had a few crates of records for sale, a lovely 60s Altec sound system and is run by local Jose Pujante. Top top man. He had, amongst other things that had me gasping, a vintage Klipsch surround sound system (can’t remember the model but these were huge, the triangular ones) in the back room / studio space. Heard, learned and saw loads about what the scene used to be like and what’s going on today. Among the latter is a label called Abstrakce which was news to me. The bottom right record is out on said label and by a another local Jose Guerrero. It was all made on a Yamaha fm / groovebox type thing.

Sometimes it’s an immense joy to be alive.
What a weekend and it’s only Sunday.

13 Likes

5 hours of playing records solo (no Kia assistance this time). Fair sprinkling of some damn good electronica, reggae and rare 12’s, the organizer makes efforts to encourage those on dance scenes to sell.
Real 19 is one of those mystery rare things I found in the week for £3, total spend is less than £30

4 Likes

Four car boots this weekend and nothing to show for it other than a decent copy of Shaft OST, and a couple of CDs. Hardly any records to be seen at all.

1 Like

I’m using the dry spell to purge a ton of dud picks and terrible house I bought in the nineties. Dumped about 150 in the local record shop, I let him have them for free. There will be a lot more to clear soon.

2 Likes

Loads: (will share another day).

Local shop has had a sale on. I did get first dibs on the twelves a week or so ago at 50% off.
Now 75% off and still some good bits if anyone is near Reading?

I saw this on their Instagram - are they closing down?

No, they just have a ruthless mega clearout once or twice a year. Funny you should ask @Jolyon as I picked up a mint ‘EG and Alice’ 12” for £2.50 which I’m sure was one of your tips

Closed next week to restock for their ‘vintage vinyl weekend’ which is normally loads of clean/pricey gear. They did RSD in the past but got burned with that one.