Great Hotels of The World

I travel a lot for work so I thought I’d put some recommendations for hotels here in case you are looking. I don’t believe in spending stupid money on hotels either so relatively affordable.

Toronto

My favourite rooms, great size, super comfortable and it’s Toronto so there isn’t really a bad part of the city to be in.

San Diego

Restaurant is very good and it’s nice to end a day of work watching a movie, having a scran and generally meeting some very lovely people who frequent the place.

Miami

https://www.kayakmb.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search_Kayak_En_Us_Branded&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8dyR5J_2gwMVY1J_AB129QRaEAAYASAAEgIaB_D_BwE

3 minute walk from the beach but not on the beach so you can hear yourself think. Great rooms and like an oasis of calm after all the cha cha cha outside.

https://www.lifehousehotels.com/hotels/miami/little-havana

In the heart of little Havana and worth every penny. Food in the area is top class as well.

Please add yours.

5 Likes

Great thread. Any recommendations in Italy are welcome as I’m headed there in May for my birthday and would love to stay at good places that aren’t too expensive…

We had an amazing stay at this one in Barcelona back in 2018. The bakery on the main floor meant that we woke up to the smell of fresh pastries every morning!

2 Likes

There was this place in Torquay…

6 Likes

We had an incredible stay back in 2019 at Los Enamorados in Ibiza. It’s in Portinatx, north end of the island. Right on the water. Only nine rooms, decoration & service was fabulous. This was our room:

3 Likes

Great hotel in Lisbon. Has two apartments that are brilliant for families. Highly recommended.

1 Like

And if you find yourself in the foothills of the Himalayas….

(Great charas from the little village near the hotel entrance too).

2 Likes

Berlin. Circus Hotel in Mitte.

Great people, great location, decent €€€.

https://circus-berlin.de/

https://circus-berlin.de/

(Doesn’t seem to be embedding the link).

1 Like

Not sure if ‘great’ but certainly not dull:

• Joshua Tree Motel (Mojave Desert), with Gram Parsons shrine. Like the outside bit where you can all sit around the fire at night.
  • Pepita’s (Salines, Ibiza) v much the old school with flies/mozzies/lizards everywhere and Pepita just sat outside sewing (firm fave of Severino from HMD)
  • Lido Apartments (Yukka Street Hollywood) - made famous on Hotel Calif sleeve. Not technically a hotel but still feels like one, steeped in history
  • Vara del Rey Rooms (Ibiza) - you need a pulley to get all your stuff upstairs. Transparent glass toilet door for extra romantic touch in honeymoon suite. Wonderful spot & friendly staff
  • Eden Roc - on the cliff above Sant Feliu de Guixols (quiet resort town where I go in summer). Sometimes have cool guitarists playing in bar or science boffin conferences. Nice pool, steps to sea
2 Likes

Washington, DC

Downtown DC Boutique Hotel | Viceroy Washington DC (viceroyhotelsandresorts.com)

Great rooms, easy check in, food is good downstairs and you are a few blocks from everything.

Vancouver

Great price. Right in the middle of it all. Has a sauna and plunge pool, and those bathrooms that are open and in vogue so if watching whoever you are with take a shower and/or a shit then you get that as well.

1 Like

Anyone know anywhere decent and reasonably central in Paris that isn’t ludicrously expensive?

If you’re looking for a great location, a place to throw your bags and a decent breakfast then this is the spot. The rooms have these weird long tunnels/passageways to the bathroom, so if you’ve indulged then you get a built in adventure.

And in Le Marais this is also worth the effort.

Both may not impress a partner who is looking for the romance of Paris but they’re clean, look good and in great locations.

2 Likes

lovely, thanks man

I sayed here in august. Perfect location IMO, but not the cheapest. Nice rooms, if a bit small, good breakfast.

Austin, Texas: Hotel Saint Cecilia. Booked up by the VIPs during festivals but a lux option if you have the coin.

It’s really nice, stopped there a few times for lunch or a coffee when I’ve been up there in the car