For The Vinyl Junkies / POLL

Morning crew, how is your vinyl appetite in these covid times?

Vinyl Buying Poll
  • Buying More
  • Buying Less
  • About The Same

0 voters

1 Like

I think it’s a combination of more time to dig online, listening to more mixes and being inspired and this bloody forum, where everyday you’re introduced to something new😂 and not having a great deal else to spend money on. I buy a lot of records at the best of times but certainly buying more this last year.

3 Likes

Yeah this forum is not gonna be good for the bank balance

4 Likes

Personally for me my music buying has gone up, probably the same about of vinyl but I am certainly buying more on Bandcamp for the digital side of things… As you say not much else to spend money on :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

I have definitely delved into discogs a lot more since lockdown. Usually due to radio shows. Also discovered lots of B sides to stuff I already have. Nearly repurchased things a few times before the penny dropped.

2 Likes

ah ha ha ha done this myself a fair few times…

1 Like

The realisation that you might have developed a bit of a problem habit

1 Like

To be fair it was either wax or crack hahahahahaha

Defo buying more vinyl, new stuff & Discogs and with you on the Bandcamp downloads, which I have been doing a lot of…it’s just too easy!

Like you say what else you gonna spend it on…apart from wine :joy: :wine_glass:

2 Likes

The problem is you are sat in front of your laptop with nothing else to do slightly inebriated making purchases that you would normally sensibly avoid.

2 Likes

I really should drink more of the stuff considering the quality and how cheap it bloody is here in Spain hahahaha

1 Like

same here! @shake

3 Likes

Ive been buying a lot less, due to a combination of reasons:
A few big bills.
A future house/country move (still some years off, but I need to slow down my buying now)
Not Djing,
And on the positive tip, enjoying the records I have.

1 Like

It’s the guilt. I remember getting ready to do this and feeling the buzz of it all to realise I already had the record. These are the moments for the share at ‘record buyers anonymous’ I always think.

‘I just did not realise, I did not care’.

Totally on the up at the moment, every month I promise to take it easy and then realise before payday another load of records have somehow magically appeared before my addicted eyes.

2 Likes

I sell quite a lot now so am definitely record neutral.

I think I went through a comfort buying phase earlier in lockdown, but during the last month or so have become a bit numb to it. Struggling to muster a semi when scanning discogs.

3 Likes

Overall have been buying plenty of stuff both new and old but my default is now Bandcamp/digital. Mainly because it’s cheaper but I’ve also got more into the digital style of playing with loops, key mixing etc during lockdown.

That being said there’s usually a package turning up each week with the odd thing from Discogs if I can’t find something digitally.

Was also feeling a bit jaded with all my music recently, general lockdown boredom etc. This forum has been great so far for that though, if not for my bank balance.

1 Like

Buying more albums and less 12’s. I’ve hardly bought any new 12’s in the last year or so. Probably cos I’m mixing less at home and would rather just put on an lp and chill.

Threads like the redzone/ disco for £1 ones still get me buying older 12’s tho.

1 Like

Buying less. Exchange rate and COVID effects on my income has made me have to stop. The wantlist only grows…

1 Like