For Gear Thread

Not that type of gear but synths etc.

I recently got one of these, its not an bad emulation and only 150 sheets, an original will set you back 3 large.

Behringer TD 3

Waldorf Wave

1 Like
2 Likes

I got a TD3 for my birthday. Sounds great, but I don’t want to make acid and finding it quite hard to fit into more down tempo stuff I make. I think that takes a bit of talent, I can’t just press the random button as it doesn’t fit, haha. Not the machine’s fault, of course. I just have to work on it more. Wouldn’t mind the new Behringer 909 also.

1 Like

Want to get a new controller for Logic, anyone have one of the Akai ones?
What are the pots like? Mainly want to use it for tweaking synth parameters and nobody anywhere near us has them.

Massive Attack’s “Protection” is a good downtempo and soulful employment of the 303 sound.

1 Like

Yes I love that

Anyone here got a Yamaha Reface CS?

Just got mine and it sounds ace, but the line output seems strangely quiet.

That boutique acid business is just ace. Are you, for want of a better word ‘jamming’ ? Sorry if my ignorance is laughable but I struggle to turn on my TV and have to get my 7 year old to help

Maybe ask on Gearspace? Someone on there must have it.

All my synths are different levels so I stick them through a small Mackie mixer and adjust the gain knobs and sometimes insert a compressor, either for extra level or to control the peaks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdV7_ATsi9j/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes

good lord, that place is bonkers

2 Likes

Unreal collection and I’ve just seen there is a play room. :+1:

2 Likes

It looks like she ends up in the play room with a Juno 60 and a 101. I like that.

2 Likes

Remember when they had a Fairlight CMI on Tomorrows World bitd. Come a long way baby.

1 Like

She knows her stuff

1 Like

You can now buy a box by Roland that has a TR-808, TR-909, TR-606 and the TB-303 all in one for 175 quid!

5 Likes

Hey does anybody have any recommendations for VST plugins for abelton? wanting nice analog sounding synths

cheers

I always highly recommend the TAL plug-ins. They have a very nice Juno 60 which is cheap for what you get imo.

1 Like