Fave Hi-NRG Tracks

Seeing the love for Italo I thought I’d see if I could get some Hi-NRG recommendations. I love it but it always feels like the genre that never quite becomes cool; too mainstream, too show-tuney, somehow never as loved as the disco that came before or house that came after. And to be fair that’s probably because a lot of it was God-awful :slight_smile:

Anyway, a few bangers to start:

2 Likes

Laserdance - Laserdance/ Power Run

Samantha Giles - Let me feel it

Llama - Love on the rocks

The Immortals - Ultimate Warlord

Venus - Hot Sun on Video

Jo Jo - Last Call

Sylvester. - Sex

Vera - Baby won’t you dance with me

Koto - Visitors

And lots more…

3 Likes

more house really but with that Bobby O high energy touch….

2 Likes

This one apparently used to get people doing backflips in certain US clubs when that siren went on…

2 Likes

This is borderline Italo or even just plain Disco, but I consider it High NRG as they later went on to do It’s Raining Men. I actually love this track, been a while since I heard it on a proper system.

2 Likes

Nice. I always meant to check out Two Tons Of Fun because of the Sylvester connection, but never got around to it.

1 Like

Boytronic - Bryllyant
Got pitched down into a new beat stomper but the original is hi-nrg for sure…

3 Likes

Ha, a bit like Flesh, I hadn’t heard it at the original speed before, or even knew it had been pitched down.

I do like those more leftfield hi-nrg tracks like this, that feel a bit darker than some of the mainstream stuff (I’d include Vicious Games by Yello and Off by Electrica Salsa in that. Stuff I imagined got played at Mark Moore’s Pyramid club)

1 Like

That’s the makings of an interesting playlist right there :thinking:

1 Like