Esoteric Techno / Artificial Intelligence

Brand new you’re Retro!

2 Likes

That’s right up my street! I do like that label. The Marcus Paulson stuff he’s released on it is mint. I can see how it might be seen as a bit derivative. But it’s deffo my preferred brand of derivative :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah definitely. I totally get that. There’s enough in the composition and production for it to stand by itself IMO

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s been done with love and a load of musical talent

2 Likes

Neat Scanner mix…

Another in my series of On 45 mixes. When I was a teenager there was a popular series of hit records under the umbrella title of Stars on 45, where popular songs would be combined into a medley, with a simple repetitive beat underneath.

This mix exclusively features only the music of the UK techno artists LFO on Warp Records. It was created entirely live using Native Instruments Traktor, Traktor Kontrol S2 and a CR-78 drum machine. What you hear is what happened in real time, and a tribute to such inspiring music.

This series of audio mixes was originally created for a popular online mix channel but they have now restricted access only to paid subscribers and felt an audience deserved to hear these mixes. I hope you will enjoy it!

5 Likes

‘Advance’ still one of favourites, some beautiful machine soul on there, was great to see Luke Una include Shove Piggy Shove on a recent compilation :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Love that. I’m quite partial to a megamix. The Warp Blech mixes blew my mind at the time.

2 Likes

I didn’t know it was the basis of Bjorks I Go Humble until I heard it on the Luke Una comp.

2 Likes

when it came out i was convinced that it was a um… techno homage to kitchens of distinction’s “innocent”. i mean, it’s just two chords, but tell me i’m not wrong!

3 Likes

Oh yeah!

2 Likes

Looking forward to this. The first volume is my favorite MFM release

15 Likes

Thanks for the heads, I love Vol 1 too!

5 Likes

Woooooo yas!

1 Like

Both volumes new to me. Been bathing in them all day. Brilliant!

4 Likes