Dublin - Tips and Recommendations

Off to Dublin this weekend to see Scotland take on our Celtic brethren in the Nations League. I know Luke Una’s playing on Saturday but likely more of a pub/bar weekend. Looking for recommendations for decent pubs/boozers or areas worth checking out. Based on the ridiculous price of hotels Dublin appears to have gone even more nuts price wise since I was last there so any good value eateries also welcome. Will try to check out All City and Blackwax for vinyl but any other suggestions for records/clobber also appreciated. Cheers.

2 Likes

Where about are you staying?

Between Herbert Park and Ranelagh. Tipped off the hotel they were being used for a scam on airbnb and they gave us a great deal as a thank you.

1 Like

Thats a nice area and not far from town.

1 Like

I like P mac’s, the Swan and the long hall for drinks and all are short distance from each other, 777 for good Mexican food, yamamori tengu for late drinks and some dancing. Great venue and always some good djs playing. Hang dai Chinese restaurant have djs playing late worth checking out on Saturdays. Gets very busy there on some nights…

2 Likes

Bloomsday is coming up is it not?

1 Like

You need to find the Phil Lynott statue for a selfie.

2 Likes

It’s outside Bruxelles pub just off grafton St…

1 Like

Brilliant. Thanks very much. Will check these out.

1 Like

Freebird records always worth a gander
Not far from all city on foot

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

If anyone is here June 19th :open_mouth: 3pm-midnight

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cei8OEOMP_a/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Tengu is a great night out

1 Like

Cheers. Had a look last night and noticed they’re closed this weekend. Will likely be a long day in the pub so maybe not a bad thing.

1 Like

All the pubs around Dury St and George’s St are great, some will have a dj playing at night…

1 Like

This will be great… Little bit out of town but worth the trip

1 Like

Glen Davis at Hang dai Chinese restaurant on Saturday would be my pick of the night… Great little room with a brilliant sound system