Doggy style - let's talk dogs

New friend at the airport… anxious little fella

6 Likes

Hope it’s not an emotional support dog :flushed:

3 Likes

Hello, hello I need some help here lol

3 Likes

We’ve noticed our staffy lately at night walking in really slow motion with his tail out stiff/straight. We weren’t alarmed because it didn’t last long but tonight was the third time we’d seen it so we googled it.

“It’s called trancing, ghost-walking, weed-walking or slo-mo dogging, and it’s yet to be explained. But for some reason, some dogs creep as in slow motion, in an almost trance-like manner, when they walk beneath hanging leaves, table cloths or clothes that just lightly touch the dog’s back.”

Tonight we watched him return a few times to the plant in our loungeroom and let it touch his head and back - he likes it!
I filmed him doing it but i don’t think this forum allows video from the phone(?). In any case, here’s some more info on it.

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/Why-do-Bull-Terriers-and-Some-Other-Dogs-Ghost-Walk

2 Likes

my american red nose pit bull does this too - we call it the “skritches” or “the tickles”.

my wife has a hanging rack of dresses she does alterations to - our dog is addicted to walking under it and getting the skritches. she does the same thing with our christmas trees!

1 Like

Spring is coming.

4 Likes

I met a guy with this beautiful dog, anyone guess the breed? It was a new one to me…

It’s Bavarian scent hound or known as Bavarian mountain hound.

3 Likes

Chilling with a good boy and a good girl

5 Likes

11 last week the daft lad

5 Likes

He’s not daft, he’s winning winter :snowflake:

1 Like

Biscuits

2 Likes

Bob, Mansie & Meg

10 Likes

6 Likes

A happy boy on a bush walk yesterday - lots of sniffing and exploring. I read recently that it’s important to take your dog on new routes when out walking so they can experience new smells and surrounds to stimulate and tire them out nicely.

6 Likes

Tweaking knobs and throwing balls

7 Likes

Seen worse views

2 Likes

Sounds like a melodic duo at Burning Man :fire:

2 Likes

Indeed :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Buried my neighbour’s dog today, I mean we literally dug a grave for him in her garden. Once he was in, we all stood around in silence for good few minutes, no-one wanted to throw the first bit of earth in. He was a good boy and now she’ll always have him near.

8 Likes

Nice work man. Its a terrible time, a death in the family like any other.

4 Likes