Distinguishing marks

I’ve bought loads of records lately that were marked down because a previous owner had scrawled on them or whatever. The thing is, I love marks that show records have been on a journey or remind me where they’re from (I never take price stickers off).
Just me?

Easiest way to save big on otherwise pricy items. If the media is marked mint I’ll cop it in a heartbeat. This is also how a friend wound up with a mint Wailers record with the entire back cover decorated by Lee Scratch Perry marked down for “some writing on cover” :exploding_head:

9 Likes

7 Likes

That’s Timmy Regisford’s handwriting and seal of approval on his old copy of this Kerri Chandler classic which is now mine.

4 Likes

Good lord! Holy grail level.

2 Likes

Still, no-one else has Paul McCartney’s personal copy of Francine McGee, must be worth a fortune.

1 Like

Hahaha :+1:

1 Like

I picked up a promo of Water Ride by 16B in a random second hand shop £1 bin with “To Alfredo from Omid” written in marker on the sleeve.

2 Likes

I found a record where on the back of the jacket the previous owner had kept a record of how many minuite their clock had lost every year, and they kept a record for years it was something like this:

1971: lost 2 minutes
1972: lost 2 minutes 30 seconds
1973: Lost 1 minute

and so on.

3 Likes

I have no idea who Bob is and I dont know what kind of purity spiral he went down for this 100% rap record to be considered “rap kind of”

4 Likes