Describe your occupation abstractly

freelance designer, creating imagery to lure people into wasting their hard earned cash.

2 Likes

I try to help people who have maybe done very bad things. I also try to ensure that people who have not done bad things are not held responsible for what other people say they have done

9 Likes

I spend public money on buying things that will help the public move freely, quickly and safely around London. Including the members of the public who hate the organisation I work for.

2 Likes

48 year old unemployed (unemployable?) beach bum

6 Likes

I usually work from home, occasionally in London, for a German company who make devices which people use to capture moments in time.

2 Likes

I was looking at these freelance sites like Upwork and they have real global reach which means more potential clients but conversely you can just as easily be undercut by someone in Asia willing to take as little as 10$ for some big academic/writing/editing job and it is demoralising… same story everywhere I guess?

1 Like

I walk around a massive fucking warehouse aimlessly picking waxed jackets trying my best to block out the awful sounds of Taylor Swift, Lewis Capaldi and co. It makes me very depressed

7 Likes

Lots of time spent in glorious ecstasy with my boyfriend while also overcoming the greatest suffering ever known to man, all for the purpose of understanding string theory

3 Likes

I try to create beauty and play God, whilst being at the mercy of the elements.

2 Likes

My occupation has changed. I still bring light into people’s lives, but in a very different, less literal way.
I now see human beings at their most vulnerable and try to lift them up. Sometimes literally.

8 Likes

I count the heads of small children as they get on the coach that takes them to the local swimming pool. I accompany them and repeat this head counting a few times over the next hour or so.

5 Likes

I bend light and time to get my clients what they want, yesterday not today.

I work for the company that gets you on the road.

3 Likes

I look into my crystal ball to try and prevent banks and insurance companies from fucking up.

2 Likes

Context is everything, the pond you swim in determines what kind of fish you are. Also an old boss told me ‘money is a signal’ so don’t be afraid to be reassuringly expensive. These thoughts may be totally useless.

4 Likes

I salvage structures made of very old materials and make them habitable for humans

5 Likes

I reinterpret what people want to improve the way they work, live or learn. This mostly ends well and is pretty satisfying, but the road is long and tortuous.

2 Likes

I get people high afer their surgery.

7 Likes

I decide if people who want to borrow money can have it.

(There is no abstract way of wording it)

2 Likes

Gardener?

3 Likes

Plein air plastic surgeon?

1 Like