Covid panic pt.10000

I think I missed a meeting but are we all in full blown covid fear again? Stores are requiring masks again where I live. Same round yours?

1 Like

Not here in Ireland Yetā€¦ But itā€™s comingā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s exhausting. Iā€™m boosted and vaxxed to the hilt and I honestly canā€™t be bothered which I have mild pangs of guilt about but the lockdowns nearly broke me.

1 Like

No chance of anymore lockdowns now. The vast majority are vaccinated.

3 Likes

Itā€™s like it never happened here. In fact iā€™ve noticed that supermarkets and metro style stores arenā€™t suppying hand sanitiser anymore.

Went to a superspreader event on the weekend. Somehow emerged unscathed but five of our good friends are all out with the virus. I mask up on flights/public transit/in crowds but otherwise just plan to keep getting the boosters and get on with life. This is our new worldā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G42rmPvbbU

3 Likes

Nowt round here, just lots of folk going down with it again. Will be interesting to see the fallout from NYE/NYD

3 Likes

I hope they bring the traffic lights system back in the shops :traffic_light:

2 Likes

Noticed a surge of people I know catching it (often for a second time) before Christmas. But also a fair few people with non-Covid flu that was much worse. Covid is just another illness nowadays. No chance of any further regulation or lockdowns imo. Donā€™t think the economy could take it, let alone no one would comply now anyway.

4 Likes

Me too. Also really liked the queuing system during the early days on first Lockdown

1 Like

My parents were away for Christmas and said the flight back was like a flight to Lourdes, everyone were coughing and sneezing. They both felt bad for a few days done some tests and all were negative :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I gave someone a lidl chicken to take their place in the queue at Tesco across the road. :chicken:

1 Like

i know a LOT of people with it around here. the wifeā€™s immunocompromised so we stay vigilant at all times, but in the past few weeks weā€™ve anecdotally noticed a whole lot more of our friends owning up to catching it.

itā€™s probably gonna be a rough january/february. i donā€™t see lockdowns in our future though.

1 Like

Typically, Iā€™ve just started to feel rough as fuckā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve avoided it until todayā€¦ :face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

I got a double whammy of norovirus (thankfully got plenty of new pants from Santa) in between Christmas and New Year, followed by a nasty head cold that I canā€™t seem to shift.

1 Like

Completely unrelated to going to NYD Faith & then the afters?? :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I had the booster and flu jab a few weeks ago. Unlike other boosters I felt absolutely fine afterwards, maybe a little tired and the classic aching arm.

Iā€™ve totally avoided the cold/flu/virus/what certain corners of the Internet are convinced is another version of Covid ā€˜theyā€™ arenā€™t telling us about :roll_eyes:

Lockdowns are gone IMO, itā€™s everyone for themselves now

I am in favour of wearing masks in public if youā€™re ill though.

2 Likes

Ha, no afters for me #old

Canā€™t speak for anywhere or anyone else but been smooth sailing where I am. Not sure if itā€™s a lack of illness or simply a lack of caring, but may as well be pre-covid in my neck of the woods. Iā€™ll see a mask very rarely, typically older folks and those immuno-compromised. I sometimes forget that other parts of the world and even my country havenā€™t totally moved on.

I honestly donā€™t think about it anymore, Iā€™ll go days or weeks without it even crossing my mind, which Iā€™m sure is a luxury/privilege that some people would be keen to afford. I never really let it panic me to begin with though, either. Cā€™est la vie to be frank, ā€œnew normalsā€ and all that.