Cost of Living Name Your Price Digi Nuggets

Post your inflation busting finds here.

Nice, interesting oddball comp of world nuggets.

20 years of Creme Organization

A mixed bag from the excellent Abstrakce Records

2 Likes

Nice uptempo Zero 7 freebie

3 Likes

I think this has been shared in another thread, but

4 Likes

Itā€™s funny how, what wouldā€™ve been a fairly downtempo number, becomes a hands in the air banger as old Mother Time catches up with you.

4 Likes

Ha, i meant uptempo for Zero 7 who I still think of from the downtempo Simple Things days

2 Likes

Mentioned in another thread but this is dang brill.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Wicked thread idea !

Check this thread on DJH too

3 Likes

I put this on the Bandcamp thread already. Two name your price edits from Justin Vandervolgen. Especially love the first one.

3 Likes

Yeah, @Vlad brought this to my attention. I didnā€™t even know the forum was back again. Decided against signing up as I continue to try and keep my time online to a minimum.

3 Likes

3 Likes

https://www.amorfati.space/

Just done an edit for Ivanā€™s blog thing. Grab it (and loads others) for free.

11 Likes

Iā€™d not come across the Amor Fati blog before. 17 downloads laterā€¦ā€¦top stuff.

3 Likes

This is worth it for the Sandstorm edit. Yes, thatā€™s right. Trust me.

3 Likes

ā€œWelcome to the magnificent mess.
A colourful collectasmia in constant flux.
Between waterfalls and the asphalt
A common fantasy weaves itā€™s web.
A sense of beauty lying in imperfection.
In the out of tune melody,
The percussion like our sexuality,
Confused and off the grid.
Made with care and chaos
Dip inside this psychedelic soup.ā€

1 Like

Not quite free, but 40 tracks for a fiver isnā€™t bad.

3 Likes

Some good stuff on there

A product of the Covid lockdown, ā€˜Kazmikā€™ is the long-awaited second album by local musician, DJ and producer ā€˜The Local Beatnikā€™ AKA Marko Crossley. Combining live instrumentation with obscure record samples dug from the furthest corners of the crate (including Turkish/Bollywood extracts and 70s B-Movie dialogue), the result is a Middle-Eastern acid trip of weird and other-worldly sounds. Although barely any of the samples made the final product, their influence is evident in the albumā€™s song writing and arrangement. ā€œEastern stringed instruments and percussion have always sounded way more interesting to me. I doubt Iā€™ll ever stop tinkering with those soundsā€ says Marko of his decision to draw on sounds a far-cry away from his Leeds home."

2 Likes

Iā€™ll never tire of the umpteen remixes that Rising Sun have put out of this track. The latest 3 are now available as name your price.

3 Likes