Clobber - a clothes thread

I’m not sure what the deal is but paraboot will not ship to the US, even on the beloved Oi Polloi. finally copped the dream pair about 100 bucks off on the Drake’s archive sale with no issue, so looking forward to smashing giant footprints into the pavement wherever i go. If anyone owns a sailing vessel or prop plane, you’d probably make a packet smuggling michels in marron to nu york. Just hide them inside bunches of bananas or barrels of ship’s biscuit

1 Like

Same Drake ?

https://www.drakes.com/shoes

1 Like

Couple of mate’s of mine who both make excellent clobber

4 Likes

And www.hawksmill.com

Yep thats the one i think the archive sale’s over tho :frowning:

Can you get them to do some more of the short sleeved sweatshirts :grinning: thanks

If you like Drake shoes you might want to look at Astorflex, they make shoes for Drake and they are a little less expensive.

1 Like

A check shirt from Albam, blue Gramicci pants, they call them pants not me, grey Decka socks and blue/grey New Balance 998 Made in USA.

Agree. The Astorflex Ettoflex is a particular favourite of mine. Sort of a cross desert/chukka boot. I have a pair in suede and in tan leather. GH Bass are another worth checking.

I think Astorflex are the best value shoe out there, fit perfect for me as well and so comfy to walk in. Maybe better shoes but I think you are jumping up to 300 + to get ones as good as them whereas Astorflex are 100-150. Jacoform are good too at similar price as Astorflex but nowhere seems to sell in UK now, luckily got a cobbler who can rebuild the soles on mine.

Do like some of the Yogi leather ones though I go through the ‘negative heel’ really quickly.

1 Like

Recs for good leather goods/belts? I hve a couple from tanner goods out of Portland OR that have held up for the last 5+ years but i’m a bit svelter now than i was

These will be my next purchase. The 50’s inspired pleated chinos from Beams Plus. Just waiting for the hip store to stock them

4 Likes

Love a high waisted double pleat tapered leg

A bit pricy https://johnsimons.co.uk but always has good classic stuff if you like Ivy League - good for caps

Thanks for the tip. I have had a quick look and their chinos are £50 cheaper than the Beams Plus ones so a good start

Pete Voss ex Campag Velocet used to make excellent belts (Voss Belts) mine is still going strong after 10 years. Not sure he’s active recently though, haven’t seem much of him on soshulmeeja…

4 Likes

Wow his stuff looks nnnnnice. Thanks for the rec i’ll see if i can get one ordered

2 Likes

They are quality you won’t be disappointed if you get something made

1 Like

Got a couple of these. :+1:

Plus Carl’s a really nice bloke and sent me a load of flyers for the blog I used to run.

2 Likes

Yogi x Hikerdelic

1 Like

these are gorgeous…my bank card just went and hid

2 Likes