Beats in space

Tim Sweeney’s BIS back in action tonight on apple
Hopefully till pick up where it left off always enjoyed.

9 Likes

Do you need to subscribe to Apple to listen?

1 Like

Not sure about subscription (hope not , not apple’s biggest fan)
I think I did read Tim plus guests are to be paid going forward so possibly

Good for Tim to get a few $$$ after all these years but hope it doesn’t get horribly corporate. Apple doesn’t exactly scream underground cool, does it?

2 Likes

Looks like he’s been given free reign to keep the scrappy feel of the show. Good on him, from doing a weekly show for 20+ years for nish to being able to do this. Think he’s more than earned it.

2 Likes

Was wondering the same myself
Good luck to Tim either way he certainly provided a great service with the tracklists over
the years

Yeah agree. Whatever you think of apple Tim has paid his dues

2 Likes

Love that Tim is finally getting his dues (and his paychecks) after all that he has done over the years. I truly hope him nothing but the best as he has provided me with so much great free music over the years…BUT I cant lie and say theres not a little part of me thats gutted i cant listen in / DL on the regular like i did because of the Apple subscription angle…As a massive BIS fan, still happy for Tim / BIS though!

2 Likes

I think it’s cool and he deserves the success but I kinda wish it was still on regular radio. Radio rules.

4 Likes

Yeeep hopefully mixesdb posse get on the case with alternative links…

2 Likes

Great news, always felt like you were in his front room with him and his guests.

2017 onwards the guests no longer caught my attention; whereas before in the second hour music personalities towered above the Resident Advisor swamp, from that point I didn’t feel like missing out when I didn’t check it for a whole month.

Apple should comp Victor from Washington Heights a signature so he can keep Tim real.

3 Likes