Alfredo - please help the old boy out

Alfredo is arguably the reason why many of us are friends, have shared magical moments and danced under the stars.

He now needs our help again. If you can assist Alfredo with a donation, please do. If you can’t, then please share, and get this campaign spread as far and wide as possible.

Thank you x

https://gofund.me/10481174

16 Likes

Came here to post the same

Always thought it perverse how Oakenfold et al live like Kings while Alfredo is in relative obscurity

Best of luck to him

6 Likes

Oakenfold and Carl Cox could probably do a week of Ibiza gigs and sort Alfredo out for the next five years on the proceeds…

19 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

Agreed. Also the millionaire likes of Guetta, Calvin Harris, Solomon etc wouldn’t be able to rinse the global EDM masses in Ibiza/Vegas etc if it weren’t for the originals like Alfredo. He’s only trying to raise like £20k or something. Pretty disgusting if one of them can’t help him out a bit.

9 Likes

Oakie especially, basically played Alfredo sets in 88

6 Likes

Wise words from Dickie Norris

24 Likes

6Music are the absolute worst for the “Ibiza four” story. They trot it out every year during thier annual rave all day thing and its excruciating

7 Likes

From the mid 90s onwards, the BBC (aka Radio One aka Pete Tong) aggressively pushed the myth as a way of marketing their annual presence in Ibiza, and millions fell for it. Anyone who was there beforehand was ruthlessly airbrushed out of the official narrative.

7 Likes

…& you can add Nancy Noise to the list of never gets much of a mention. But yes, certainly Trevor Fung.

4 Likes

did Oakenfold kill Ibiza or was it doomed anyway? I guess the internet and budget airlines would eventually have overrun it anyway, perhaps the ‘1987 landings’ merely accelerated the process? E would have eventually made it to the UK via other means but perhaps it wouldn’t have been mythologised in the same way

That total should have been reached days ago.

3 Likes

Good interview, apologies if already posted

8 Likes

That’s a great read indeed. Trevor is a top man too

2 Likes

Sounds like big Carl has ponied up

https://twitter.com/SecretDJBook/status/1771526985019220448?s=19

9 Likes

Where is this from Chris?

From Richard Norris’ new book I rhink. I pinched it from Joe Mugford’s FB

4 Likes

Thanks mush!

1 Like

It’s from Joe’s Substack “Bass, Mids and Tops”

4 Likes

Perhaps he was lurking on here and was encouraged by this thread?! Anyway, nice one Carl.

3 Likes