A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

via https://www.1854.photography/2022/07/grown-up-britain-youth-culture-exhibition-coventry

2 Likes

12 Likes

Just found some pictures from Miami 1997. Friends from home moved over and we went to visit for the winter music conference just before it went all puff daddy and bling. A crip from LA was living in the same block as our Irish friends and was always throwing down gang signs at every car and bus that passed their door lol. Here we are keeping it real… :vulcan_salute::ok_hand:

9 Likes

Day 2

3 Likes

Which is you mate?

1 Like

I took the picture… The crip is the guy in blue on the left with black pants and prison sliders…

1 Like

via Clayton Cubitt on der Twitterz

14 Likes

List of tracks & their BPMs from the Hacienda playlist in the early/mid 80s, complied by John Tracy (i think) who was one of the early residents there.

11 Likes

FZLB64mXgAE6PPa.jpeg

1 Like

I fucking love this. When I was in high school our prom dance group included a lesbian friend who didn’t want to ask any of the boys from our class. So she asked her neighbor, a crip who had just moved up from socal and was well into his twenties. Cool customer - we all had a blast. Would never get away with it now…

3 Likes

Lol they do spread their wings, he was from Stockton California only out of prison and sent to Miami. He came out a couple of nights with us and twice we had to leave places with him mouthing off and his gang signs pissed off some guys one night he had to hide in a pizza place.

3 Likes

Looking closely at the first picture I have no idea what all the Irish lads are doing but the Puerto Rican girl Pamela knows what’s what… Lol

20220804_192939

11 Likes

Nice place but i wish they’d leave the bloody thermostat alone.

7 Likes

:joy: :+1:

Outfit sorted for Pikes in October

9 Likes

A trip down memory lane to a beach I spent many a day on during summers of my youth.

Whiterocks Beach, Northern Ireland

5 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

10 Likes