20 Albums The Stone Loved…

I drew a blank on most of these but am going exploring…

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I only know one, the Chrysalis album, which is some nice Psych.

Been meaning to start a 60’s Psych and Garage thread for a while.

2 Likes

Songs loved by Rolling Stone magazine from their archive of reviews right?

1 Like

The Goro Yamaguchi album is a deep cut…

2 Likes

Yes. A proper 60s time capsule.

1 Like

If you liked that check out Hozan Yamamoto’s stuff, especially with Gary Peacock and Masabumi Kikuchi.

3 Likes

Went through a period as a teen stoner of our gang hanging out with an older couple with an amazing 60s/70s record collection. Van Der Graaf Generator, Quicksilver Messenger Service, early Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Steve Miller, Doors, Byrds, Bufffalo Springfield, Country Joe etc etc. Would love to see that collection now. The VDGG records are like £800 now.

First proper trips hanging out there and listening to psych/acid rock/West Coast. My mate ended up with the wife of the couple. Very 60s!

My contribution was to introduce them to the Stone Roses.

3 Likes

Talking of amazing 60s record collections. My mate’s girlfriend’s dad had an incredible record collection. We would hang out at their house. Endless albums you’d never heard of plus tons of mint, original 60s/70s gear. Turned out he was Geoff Haslam, worked for Atlantic Records in the 60s/70s and produced a ton of amazing stuff from Velvets, MC5, John Coltrane, Ornette Colman, Gil Scott Heron. The list goes on. He was a really lovely guy, living a simple life, think he was a school teacher then. What a collection, would love to get into that now.

2 Likes

Do it! I’m in :fist:

1 Like

I’ve got that Brian Auger and Julie Driscoll Streetnoise album. It’s got Indian Rope Man on it :ok_hand:

Sorted! Will pick some current faves to kick it off with in the next couple of days.

1 Like