Your first online mix

Is there a link missing here?

Yeah it wonā€™t upload for some reason.

I can only put Mixcloud links on via my PC. No link appears when adding via my phone (Android)

Switch it back to Soundcloud lol, i canā€™t upload anything from Mixcloud either for some reason but have no problem with Soundcloud

First and only mix I ever put online. Dragged all my Fela records to my office and had a blast playing with pitch, eq, and two copiesā€¦

https://www.mixcloud.com/oldmanyellsatcloud/children-of-the-sun/

1 Like

Think I figured out a way round it. Type it in from scratch and leave a space by tapping the space bar at the front and the end of the link.

2 Likes

It only takes me to Mixcloud and not your actual mix. I can do a search for it though later to have listen

Put my first mix online (Kitty Is A Slut by B-Boy Parkz) in 2006, it was an all Japanese (funk/soul/ost/jazz) mix and outside of Japan and even in Japan this kind of mix was unusual at the time. I only owned one hi-fi deck at the time and some very basic recording software so the mixing was fairly minimal.
My second mix again an all Japanese joint (Harajuku Snap) was hosted on the front page on Soulstrut which was cool as that was the main site for diggers at the time and got the mix fairly widely heard amongst the diggin community and again at that time (2007) this type of Nippon Breaks and Beats mix was still fairly rare (but growing in popularity at this point). Again I had no DJ decks and this point but had got a bit better at piecing the tracks together on the free multitrack software I found online.

Iā€™ve not heard either mix in many many years, think I have them on CD somewhere.

1 Like

Tried doing it from the laptop and itā€™s the same problem. Maybe itā€™s a Mac PC thing.

After stumbling upon the Brownswood message board which then lead to DJH and a reinvigorated interest in music, this is the first mix I posted in the forum.

So, I got one of the Koma Attenuator cables, but it appears to change the signal to mono? If I plug my rec out straight into the Tascam, itā€™s stereo. If I introduce the Koma, only the left channel shows a signal.

Thatā€™s weird, I would have thought it was a stereo cable. Might be worth contacting Juno as it doesnā€™t mention itā€™s mono on their site.

This one is definitely stereo but more expensive: Pinknoise Custom 3.5mm DSLR Cable w/ -25db Pad | Pinknoise Pro Sound Equipment

1 Like

It was one of the Redbull Academy Train Wreck mixes, I think. Lost into the mists of timeā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

My first mix widely available online was in 2005. Its right here:

Thomas Cox - Sweet Tea Mix - 06-15-05

I vaguely recall in 2003 still sending CDRs to ppl, I recall hitting Delano Smith up with one after I had posted a playlist of mine from a club set that included his then brand new first record. His reply was that my mix was ā€œbananasā€ lol. Not sure I still have that one anyway we.

1 Like