What you reading

always loved this one

5 Likes

Played this last night at Spiritland!
It gets very quiet in the middle bit. Almost awkward dead air quiet :face_exhaling::eyes:

4 Likes

Reading Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown.

Almost finished this, it’s really lovely. Written in the form of oral interviews, so easy to read and dip in and out of. It’s a great narrative of the (unwritten) history of the wmn holding things down at that time.
10/10 would recommend :raised_hands:

7 Likes

This! What a gem!

12 Likes

Nice little piece from Charlie Dark in the new Disco Pogo.

It’s all about the selection, not the mix.

10 Likes

James Barber’s Substack is good value

3 Likes

About to turn the cover on this new Keith Haring biography. While he’s become quite ubiquitous in recent years, I’m hopeful for this book as it’s written by Brad Gooch who: a) lived through the period in N.Y.C. and b) is a good chronicler of these times.

5 Likes

Intoxicating

4 Likes

Great book, films pretty good too.

Just finished Junky by William Burroughs about his life as an addict in NY, New Orleans and Mexico City which seemed to be mainly boring, repetitive and hard work, constantly trying to score/find the money to score.
Never read any Burroughs before, my fave part was his creative physical descriptions of his fellow addicts and dealers, he definitely had a gift there.

1 Like

Picked this up in an amazing bookshop in St. Andrews called Topping & Company. Alway pop in there when we have a wander round over there. Luckily only a 20min drive

Chechnya goes chug

4 Likes

Imagine being arrested by the BPM monitor and sent to the gulag for playing Strings of Life

4 Likes

Maybe the Chechnyan government are just huge morning music/sleaze fans ?

I mean, once you’ve heard “Electric dreams” at 33rpm +6 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

ALFOS takeover/coup. Sean Johnston the new President.

3 Likes

Why ban music under 80bpm? Slowly subversive?

1 Like

Getting into sexy territory below 80

1 Like

Repetitive Beats