What you reading

12 Likes

I’m reading it now. So beautiful and so grim at the same time.

Hi. I’m your glazier, Barry.
Got any references?
No.

9 Likes

Just finished this, one of the best books I’ve read in a long time. Written when he was 21 and inspired by his growing up in Airdie. Phenomenal story telling but I’d say if you’re not from up here then the language might take a wee bit getting used to :smiley:

2 Likes

The night I met my wife, she was out with Mooncult. A quiet night it was not…:rofl:

4 Likes

Was having a chat with one of them at the last ALFOS. Nice chap, was a bit spannered and can’t remember his name.

1 Like

Probably Tim or Darren

1 Like

Casually dropped into conversation that Weatherall had mixed the band he was in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Worth a read if just for this lol line

“It was at precisely this point – when the call came from U2 – that Thorn pulled the plug on EBTG…”

6 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes

i posted this in another thread but feel it merits being in here too… just re-read it for the umpteenth time, it’s fantastic, what a life!

1 Like

Q is the man. He was the honorary chair for our high school centenary last year (class of 1950!) but ended up cancelling due to illness. A musician friend met him in 2017 when he was here for a festival and Q gave him his card, saying in all serious “call me anytime”. He did…and Q was more than happy to just shoot the shit for 10 minutes. Total don.

5 Likes

If you ever need to kickstart your life his autobiography is amazing. The guy was a machine. May have to read it again.

2 Likes

I had conflated that one with the interview he did in Vulture around the same time - also a trip:

3 Likes

1 Like

Out of interest, do people read a few books at the same time or one at a time?

Usually two in the hopper split between fiction/nonfiction. Over the last few years (esp. during COVID) I noticed my reading stamina decrease and now make a concerted effort to put the phone away and read for an hour each day.

3 Likes

Always just one, I like to finish something before I start another one

Usually have 2 or 3 on the go unless it’s fiction. Often the books will be related (in my mind anyway).

1 Like