What you reading

Found a reasonably priced one but still not entirely worth the dosh, Dust & Grooves + Incredibly Strange Music were a more satisfying read.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

True, and the algorithm/ amount of ads now are making it unusable, like walking through a mall not an art gallery. When they added a ‘shop’ button where the ‘post’ button used to be it was a bit of a giveaway.

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Tip - I was able to get it back to the classic format by deleting and reinstalling.

1 Like

Just started Andrew Holleran’s classic “Dancer from the Dance” - had picked it up years ago thanks to mention in Bill & Frank’s book but am finally getting round to it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Couldn’t resist the cover

3 Likes

It’s been translated from French, so the writing is a bit gcse at times. But it gives a decent history of the Bristol music scene from the 80’s to now.

3 Likes

JR strikes :laughing:

5 Likes

I ate every word up like a wild mushroom risotto

2 Likes

Picked it up today, pretty sure it would have been widely seen but can give a summary of its contents

1 Like

That was really well written. Good piece and nice to see G Rooney’s name in the Guardian. :smiley:

1 Like
8 Likes

that was a very enjoyable read, and a killer tracklist too! cheers!

2 Likes

good for ‘MSM’ I thought

1 Like

Prequel/sequel to Heat in novel form sounded like a bad idea but warming up to the concept after reading this Michael Mann feature. Michael Mann’s Damaged Men - The New York Times

1 Like
4 Likes

Just finished reading ‘Go Ahead in the Rain: Notes to A Tribe Calles Quest’ by poet, essayist and cultural critic Hanif Abdurraqib. Hanif is a fan he writes about the rise of the group during the 80’s and 90’s, their break up, the death of long time member Phife and their return. It looks at how hip hop culture has changed over the years so if you’re a fan it’s a must read.

5 Likes