What are you watching?

Am I Being Unreasonable on iPlayer
Fleabagesque comedy with a very dark twist

1 Like

It’s very enjoyable!

Snip of a Mark Hollis interview describing the creative process for the band. Inspiring in the best sense.

4 Likes

I keep going back to their 1986 montreux gig on YT. Such amazing energy.
I had a very moving chat at the end of a gig i did in August. A father and son, both big Talk Talk fans, came up to chat after i’d played an edit of Its my Life as a last record. Totally caught me off guard, and they told me that Mark Hollis had lived, and was laid to rest in a village nearby which I never new. A special moment that.

6 Likes

That gig is so special. No idea how many times I’ve watched it, especially ‘Such A Shame’. A time machine job that one for sure

2 Likes

The Wonder on Netflix

Wow what a film, went in knowing nothing about it and it might be my favourite film of the year. Stark with a beautiful stilness and a wonderful performance from Florence Pugh

3 Likes

That’s sunday evening’s viewing sorted then. I wonder if i can convince the kids to watch it with us too!:joy:

Almost convinced Mrs Chris to watch it after the football. She is asking if it’s a horror based on the vibe of the trailer and I’ve said it’s not. She has trust issues after I told her years ago Angel Heart was a drama about a private detective trying to find himself.

3 Likes

I thought she was incredible and the mood of the first half was great, but it sort of failed to hit the mark completely in the second. Still a solid film though.

2 Likes

Topgun finally came to our Ruskie streaming service, what a pile of A1 shite…

3 Likes

A work mate went to the cinema twice to watch it, said it was that good

I thought Top Gun 2 was an absolute banger. Pure unapologetic popcorn fodder the like of which we dont get anymore. Tom Cruise knows how to make a blockbuster

Just finished SAS Rogue Heroes on iPlayer. Dramatised events of the origins of the SAS in North Africa. Not bad. From the writer of Peaky Blinders

2 Likes

Same on both of those!

Hoping for a second series of Rogue Heroes. Seemed like it was set up for it at the end. Enjoyed it a lot.

2 Likes

Just started The Bear tonight on Disney+. Fine tv it is. Very much enjoying. A kitchen in turmoil tries to get organised.

4 Likes

The second series is in production I think. It’s got Matt Allwright and a guy called Dan going round on a motorbike and abseiling into properties occupied by cowboy builders. SAS Rogue Traders.

Amazing. Episode 7 is some of the best TV ever. Loved it.

3 Likes

There’s another season in the works too!

1 Like

Watched this over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Crazy story.

1 Like

Been giving some Takeshi Kitano’s movies a shot. Really struggled with Fireworks but found Sontaine to be easier going. A deeply strange movie, still. Will have a pop at Violent Cop next.

3 Likes

Zatoichi is great, if you haven’t seen already.

1 Like