What are you watching?

Yeah, just on Netflix. Some great old footage, especially around the early shows.
A good, but sad watch.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this as a big fan of volcanoes :fire:

6 Likes

The Gray Man

Supposedly Netflix most expensive film, and it shows. Not just style over substance though, pretty smart action thriller with some fantastic action set pieces.

2 Likes

Episode 8 & 9 are so good :green_heart:

On my list, purely cos of Ryan Gosling

Charlie Watts: My Life As A Rolling Stone on BBC2 now

watched Nightmare Alley on Dismal+ yesterday.

Bradley Cooper, Cate Blanchett, Toni Colette Willem Defoe amongst a strong cast. Billed as a psychological thriller set around carnival life in the 40s

3.5/5 popcorns :popcorn:

2 Likes

haha v good will steal for sure

1 Like

Not watching but downloading to listen later
Radio 4 + techno

2 Likes

Watching a programme about Roxy Music on Sky Arts.
Jesus what a band, changing direction, sound, looks & line ups constantly but producing great music throughout.

3 Likes

Great film!

My old Spanish girfriend was a volcologist and I helped translate her dissertation so I found out more than I ever thought I would about volcanoes so this is on my list too!

2 Likes

“This and Better Caul Saul head and shoulders above anything else on TV” - totally agree

apparently I can’t make more than 3 consequtive replies so gonna drop my next post in this comment!

If you enjoyed Mindhunter and need a well done serial killer fix in the absence of a Season 3 then Black Bird is currently hitting the spot:

and if you haven’t seen Mindhunter I highly recommend it:

2 Likes

They’re fascinating. I’ve only managed to visit 2 so far, but have a few more on my wishlist. The Herzog doc was great too.

Loved Mindhunter. Is blackbird only on Apple TV?

Currently enjoying this slice of history available on YouTube and Netflix UK. What an amazing watch. Great footage and a lovely, intimate style to the doc.

I never attended Glasto in the 90s and it certainly looked like a different prospect before the super fence. Crusty but pure.

Recommended. Just for the footage of Omar playing There’s Nothing Like This :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

This was an incredible watch - devastating. They eschewed all the clichés/greatest hits and took a deep dark look at who he really was. Highly recommended.

4 Likes

Really loved this, but yeah really sad to watch too. You can see the light has left him toward the end. It’s made me want to read Kitchen Confidential again which was a such a great read.

2 Likes

I watch this episode probably once a week. It has a real calmness about it…

2 Likes

Audiobook is great, he narrates it

1 Like