What are you watching?

What’s getting you through these times when it comes to TV? Recently I’ve been Call My Agent (funny French program about a casting management company) and cracking through all the Storyvilles on the iPlayer.

3 Likes

Hello Paul, thanks for setting this up.
That Storyville about the North Korean Mole was an eye opener!!
Money Heist was fun, as was the Dolly Parton doc😂

3 Likes

Pretend it’s a City on Netflix (basically Scorsese laughing a lot at Fran Lebowitz’s tales of nyc life) and rewatching Twin Peaks. Call my Agent is on the list.

9 Likes

If you liked the Mole you should check Murder in the Bush:Cold Case Hammarskjöld, it’s by the same bloke and it gets completely crazy!!

3 Likes

I, like many others, have really enjoyed Its a Sin-really entertaining, loads of 80s bangers but at its heart a touching story of a terrible time in our history. The disease was terrible in itself but people’s attitudes made it so much worse…highly recommend

9 Likes

Really into Counterpart with JK Simmons on prime

Ploughing through Seinfeld for lockdown

Lupin on Netflix seems great after first episode

1 Like

Nature documentaries seem to be hitting the sweet spot on lockdown–“My Octopus Teacher” was extraordinary, but I’d put in a vote for “Pretend it’s a City” as well.

4 Likes

+1 on Pretend it is a city

1 Like

The serpent was decent. I’ve just finished the caliphate too (Edge of yeh seat TV crack). Film wise I can’t recommend enough the French speaking les miserables (not the musical) on Netflix. Belter

4 Likes

Just finished episode 2. It’s been a good watch so far

1 Like

I binged Lupin last weekend. Very good. Season 2 out this Summer. Now on Fran Lebowitz for some laugh

1 Like

Easy! I’ve not seen the Dolly Parton doc. I might have a go : )

1 Like

I’ve always had a soft spot, but I think the documentary shows just how extraordinary she is. In many ways, not the obvious👍

I liked the Serpent but the back and forth time machine could have been chilled out a bit as it got well manic hehehe.

4 Likes

Watched the Sinatra doc on Netflix pretty good

1 Like

Ridley Scott’s ‘Raised by Wolves’ series is a great dose of sci-fi

1 Like

I don’t usually cope to well with that kind of scenario myself, however on this occasion I seemed to be in sync with it all. I think doing dry Jan helped😉

1 Like

Watching far, far too much TV during lockdown but here’s a list:

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days - pure reality trash trainwreck. Gloriously stupid.

The Expanse: Killer sci-fi epic, perfect escape material, now on Season 5 which has been completely engaging. Political intrigue, space battles, true-to-life physics, alien technology…what more could you want?

Pretend It’s a City: Fran Lebowitz is clearly my spirit animal.

Hell’s Kitchen: Still airing in the US but they dumped the entire season for streaming on ITV in the UK and I snagged a torrent with the whole kit & caboodle and then binged it over 10 days. Some pretty solid Ramsay moments in there but this lot on the whole were far more competent than previous seasons. Every time Ramsay calls someone a donut, take one drink.

Tons and tons of true crime TV as my GF loves it, the Night Stalker doc was the last thing we watched and was fantastic.

Chatterbox is on Amazon Prime, a z-list movie from the late 70s about a woman whose vagina starts talking and turns out to have a glorious singing voice. Not kidding.

Supermarket Sweep on Hulu: One of the 90s most milquetoast, whitebread, suburban mom game shows on TV ever is back and is Blacker than ever. Leslie Jones is the host, the theme song is Push It by Salt N Pepa (push like a cart/trolley) and there’s hella sexual innuendo. The change from the OG to the new version will give you whiplash but I enjoyed it LOL

Rupaul’s Drag Race Season 13 / Drag Race UK Season 2: These are both on at the same time and getting two servings of Drag Race a week is the best thing ever. If you’ve never dropped in on this show, now’s the time. I LMAO every week. Plus that new RuPaul song they play at the end of every episode, “You’re A Winner” is basically “What is Love” with new lyrics. Working on my mashup now…

2 Likes

Just watched Calm with Horses on Netflix – superb

6 Likes

Re watching the fringe and the shield

3 Likes