Out out post lockdown

Has anyone been in a club post lockdown? Or got tickets for anything upcoming. I’ve just agreed to go see Slam at Club 69 in Paisley next Saturday (21 Aug).

Probably wouldn’t have been my first choice tbh but it’s a good crowd going and to say I’m excited would be a huge understatement.

3 Likes

I managed to snag tix for Kamaal Williams in Peckham tonight. So first night out in a while

2 Likes

I caught Luke Una @Spiritland last Friday. Great night out and just what I needed.
Looking forward to Alfresco festival on the bank holiday. Followed by Maurice Fulton and Electric Chair in September, then back into hibernation probably!

4 Likes

I thought about Electric Chair but then noticed it was for 1500 people. Not a fan of events with that many people really as I have aged.

5 Likes

I was there too. Really great set from Luke on the lovely Spiritland system and definitely felt like the right size of crowd. They didn’t pack it out, there was room to dance and everyone was really happy and up for it. I had a brilliant night and I’d happily go to another Friday night session there.

Phil Mison and Nancy Noise coming up soon btw.

5 Likes

We did an ALFOS in Leeds the week after restrictions lifted. From going to completely sold out months ago we ended up with less than 60% turn out due to folk being pinged, isolating or just general anxiety about coming to a club. It was still properly mega, but a real shame it wasn’t capacity as it should have been.

Thankfully that chaotic test and trace is coming to an end, and I think people’s wariness about being out is hopefully waning and its game on again

4 Likes

Yeah, must say it put us off - not sure I’m ready for that amount of bodies in a confined space. That coupled with it being on a Sunday, sealed it.

We’re off to Melting Pot at BaaD in Glasgow this weekend instead, limited numbers which also has an outdoor space and the music played outside too.

3 Likes

We still have a small hope that we can find something in Ibiza when we are out there in September. Not sure about a sit down event, it’s a bit too alien to me so it is a very faint hope I know. If not we will check what’s on in London, Manchester etc for October

Nope, I’m not ready yet. Too soon

3 Likes

Oh yeah, got a ticket for Homobloc in November in Manchester too, but hopefully squeeze a few things in between Slam and November.

1 Like

Do you have to wear a mask in Scotland in a club.

Been out down here to a club and there has been a couple of unofficial dos since opening up. Tbh I’m not worried about going out at all,want to enjoy life and if I go tomorrow or in 40 years dngaf.

I’m not 100% sure on the rules, but I think yes if you are not on the dancefloor or at the bar. So cloakroom and toilets basically.

2 Likes

I don’t believe in any of it but im not going away to sit down and follow rules and regulations…

I think my days of being in a sweaty club at 6am are long gone and, tbh, they were before all of this malarkey anyway. Give me a nice afternoon into evening do outdoors and I’m all over it.

Maybe see some of you at Alfresco :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes me too and I always like to have a seat but not a designated one… There are people dancing in Ibiza so if you are going you will get to bust a move or two…

2 Likes

I remember the 6am days just! This morning I have been up since 4.50am trying to get my toddler back to sleep. I know which was more fun.

2 Likes

Going out on a week night and having two hours sleep then going to work. That was always a good one.

6 Likes

Got tickets for Phil and Nancy next week. First time back out since dunno when and sounds like the right place/event for a comeback…

1 Like

Have a good one!

I’m in self imposed lock down now to avoid any Covid issues before my Ibiza trip or I’d be seeing you there.

Phil and Nancy in that room will be perfect.

1 Like

Enjoy Ibiza! So jealous!