Is It Balearic? Well is it?

What’s on the rest of his playlist? This is mega. Perfect driving song as well.

1 Like

Produces a lot of her music now with Bullion in Lisbon. Not sure if this was one of the tracks they did but it makes sense.

I was all, fuck yes, need this in the collection and went to discogs and it was $350 for a copy. So digital you say?

Warning - OP gatekeeping ahead!
This thread somehow always evolves into “This Is Balearic”, rather than it’s intended “Is It Balearic?”

3 Likes

He has a very open musical tastes. A lot of Marvin Gaye, Thundercat, Mac Miller, Alex Harvey, Billy Ocean, Bowie, Northern Soul, Fleetwood Mac. Tyler the Creator.

We watched an old House Shoes boiler room set and he was taken by a lot stuff on there particularly Placebo, Ball of Eyes.

Is this an obvious one? Always associated it with “being Balearic” but maybe it isn’t… is it?

https://youtu.be/56hqrlQxMMI

There’s also a killer Punjabi version of this that I came across a couple years back, probably of interest to a lot of you!

10 Likes

Love that version. Cheers! And yes, a fair bit of APP is mucho balearico

1 Like

Alan Parsons 100%. big fan of I Robot too. certified classic

4 Likes

I love the I robot album too. I like the first song (I robot too) for opening a set.

I can’t remember if it was Nathan Gregory Wilkins who put out the History Clock edits a long time back? I picked up the Fitzcarraldo Variations one which I sadly lost. only just realised was based on this. Infectious latin balearo party disco from Fussy Cussy.

5 Likes

Been pondering my musical roots recently, and remembering seeing Santana in ‘78 and realised how much they shaped everything I’ve listened and danced to since. Amazing to this day. Anyway, only found out the other day Black Magic Woman wasn’t written by them but by Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green) :exploding_head: Fussy Cussy YT thumb reminded me.

https://youtu.be/UKcI2mcsueM

8 Likes

Santana’s acers. I prefer his jingo to anyone else’s. The sort of tune that works you into a frenzy. Nobody ever plays it now sadly

1 Like

Exactly, when Candido version came out remember it took me a while to remember where I’d heard it before

1 Like

@Hierbas - Knew NGW 91 - 93 through going out & havent seen him since but now keep in touch online. There is a great picture circulating of me in Venus with him & MIng

1 Like

Thanks for posting this and reminding me of those History Clock edits.

I knew I had a couple somewhere and was pleasantly surprised to find I had a NM version of the Fine Line/Woman record sitting forgotten on the shelf.

Which was nice.

(It’s listed for €495 on Discogs!).

4 Likes

Yes ‘Woman’ is brilliant!

2 Likes

Not heard that before. Very nice

1 Like

Dreamy lushness

3 Likes
1 Like