Inventive Edits

It’s a quick rip of mine, might have a few pops and crackles.

9 Likes

Superb. That’s very kind of you, thanks!

1 Like

Heard this the other day: OSSX edit of Erykah Badu. Think it’s on their BC.

3 Likes

Loving that.

Had the Tarika Blue album on over the weekend. Dreamflower always gets an airing when the sun comes out.

5 Likes

I think it’s funny looking back how I had no idea 20 years ago what an edit was or that in many cases bootleggers were shamelessly pilfering from all over the place. There were some really good ones c/o Prince Language, Greg Wilson, Pilooski, Peter Visti, Lovefingers… which were more imaginative than most but I think it did all get a bit out of hand when people were just looping dreadlock holiday or bruce hornsby and I dunno if it got cheesy . I remember someone saying that edits were useful tools but which often sterilised disco records ironing out the creases and weird bits and maybe that wasn’t such a good thing. AOR Disco realised that things were getting weird when people on Soundcloud were complimenting some guy in his bedroom over the actual musicians who made the track which is maybe why they shifted direction?

3 Likes

You gotta know how to work a crowd, in order to tease out a tune in the edit booth imo.

It all got too easy to do sadly. They’re still churning em out now. Most of it is utter crap.

2 Likes

Everybodys groovin, everybodys movin baby

https://soundcloud.com/situationswapperino/goblins-ion-the-bikini-shack-naughty-hellfire-club-edit

1 Like

I’m still looking to get a confirmation if Wolfram himself is behind these, which are from one of his sets. The version of Vogue @elzorro shared has a similar sort of vibe:

1 Like

Don’t recognise them.

Love that first one (De Barge?).

Could the second be one of those Loveface edits? There was more than one Whitney on there as far as I recall.

While we are on the subject of that Vogue edit, there’s also a Rhianna and a Nelly Furtado which are good in that pop style. There’s Rod Stewart too but not sure how that stands up tbh.

Shout if of interest.

I guess this is done from multis but nonetheless it’s a pretty out-there reworking.

OG

Sotofett dub

4 Likes

Damn, just heard the Loveface stuff, all of it deserves a place in this thread too! Didn’t find the two I’m looking for but getting closer. Still, I’m off to Rome tomorrow to play the opening set at a wedding and now I have several amazing tracks to get it going…

(If I can find the WAVs in time that is)

1 Like

There’s a v good Prince edit on the forthcoming Loveface.

1 Like

Larry’s Groove is particularly good. They seemed to have captured that electro boogie / early house sound really well. The Pulse rework is great.

A few of them don’t land well for me though imo. Not sure why. Maybe a little over produced?

I also couldn’t care less if I never heard Alison Limerick again.

2 Likes

I’ve had quite a lot of mileage out of their Limerick treatment

1 Like

Great tune and decent rework, I’ve just heard it too much I think.

1 Like

I like the Larry one and I find myself singing/humming the “all you wanna do is smoke chronic” one.

2 Likes

You’ll need this for the wedding too.

1 Like

Wow, love that. Dramatic reversion

discovered this guy on YT who’s making great edits/remixes from the pre-stadium Simple Minds era

2 Likes

Love the use of the Annie Lennox voval in this one

3 Likes