In Memoriam…

Ffs even Gerry Adams paid his respects

1 Like

RIP James Chance.

9 Likes

He was just discharged from hospital here in Brazil.

5 Likes

Donald Sutherland 88.

10 Likes

RIP. While it may not have been his most critically praised performance, Kelly’s Heroes was a great film for us as kids in large part thanks to Sutherland’s anachronistic proto-hippie Sgt. Oddball. “Cut out them negative waves” still saying it to this day…

16 Likes

donald sutherland’s ass (in “animal house”) is one of the funniest sight gags in all film history.

RIP

6 Likes

Damn, I loved that guy in pretty much everything he worked on. Especially Kelly’s heroes which I have to watch again.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Ah man, he was right up there in my favourite actors. Don’t Look Know is just incredible. I remember staying up late one night and Mark Cousins introducing it on Moviedrome. I didn’t think I’d stay awake but the film just drew me in. Then that ending! It blew me away.

4 Likes

Best sex scene ever as well, Julie Christie :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Its an ATG film. So good.

1 Like

Fellini later said he had cast the actor as the fabled lothario because he was “a sperm-filled waxwork with the eyes of a masturbator”.

Why Fellini chose him for Casanova

4 Likes

Such a good line that

4 Likes

Probably not one for the gravestone ’ Here lies…’

2 Likes

A tremendous writer. One of my favourites of his is The File on H in which a couple of Harvard scholars think they can find the source of the oral Homeric epics in rural Albania. It doesn’t turn out as expected…

3 Likes

RIP Pino D’Angio

“With that crumpled and indifferent air, the eternal lit cigarette, he had become an icon of Italian disco music of the '80s. Pino D’Angiò, born Giuseppe Chierchia, died today at the age of 71 after collecting international successes and with the great satisfaction of seeing his most famous song, ‘Ma quale idea’, become a hit again in recent months after the remix by Bnkr44 with whom he also performed a duet on the stage of Sanremo in February.”

3 Likes

That’s sad. He was a cool dude, and his songs always make people smile on the floor whenever I play them.

1 Like

Mario Rui Silva

It is with profound sadness that we announce the passing of Mário Rui Silva, a cherished musician, teacher, ethnomusicologist, and dear friend. Mário left us suddenly on Thursday, leaving a void in the world of music that can never be filled.

Mário’s work transcended time & space, blending traditional Angolan sounds with contemporary music, and his dedication to preserving and promoting Angolan heritage will forever be remembered. His passion, talent, and contributions have inspired countless individuals around the globe.

We were extremely honored to have worked with him on reissuing his incredible music from the 1980s and organizing a memorable UK tour in 2021. Those who had the privilege of experiencing his live performances will never forget the magic he brought to the stage.

Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with his family, friends, band members and fans during this difficult time. Mário’s spirit will continue to live on through his music, which will remain a timeless testament to his extraordinary life and legacy.

Rest in peace, Mário Rui Silva. You will be deeply missed… :dove:

Time Capsule

10 Likes

Only posted about him the other day. Some great records! RIP

1 Like

That’s sad…loved that comp Time Capsule did

1 Like