I hate to tell you this, BUT (The Ibiza Thread)

The cana Estrella is one on the best in San Antonio as are the ham and cheese croquettes. :yum:.

1 Like

Sunday was fun at Pikes. Really, really busy from late afternoon right through. They were telling me they are essentially doing three seasons business in one this year. It felt a bit more touristy though. Insta wives and blogger types etc so I played a bit more kind of disco, edits, party vibe than I wanted to but the girls were up dancing so I just went with it.

Back Monday for Harvey, again really busy. Maybe too much. Its so hot here at the moment, it was difficult to spend any kind of prolonged period on the floor in Freddies which was a real shame. Also the music seemed to kinda stay on the same level all night and didnt seem to lead anywhere. Mid tempo disco / boogie stuff. Maybe I missed the peaks and troughs and dramamtic moments with being outisde all night. Good crowd though, big British contingent, lots of industry faces and nice mix of cool Europeans

13 Likes

The end for DJ Harvey!? The last Mercury Rising comp was average and now this! Sacre Bleu! I always enjoy the early parts of his sets there the most. I made him start early on a night the year before Covid. We got there just before 10pm and I was fairly drunk which is very rare for me. Anyhow we had stuff to do the next day so were only planning on staying there till 2am so I asked the bar man when we arrived if he has started yet and he said I don’t think so but let us in to Freddies anyhow before it was open and I asked Harvey to crack on as we were on a timetable. He very kindly did. Probably a bit scared haha.

4 Likes

We bailed just before the advertised 4am finish, I strongly suspect it went on way past that. Perhaps thats when the magic happened. Harvey was rocking a magnificent 70s gameshow host style sports jacket

2 Likes

Yeah things tend to get a bit more upbeat towards the close but then perhaps it would have finished not long after you left? Not sure how long they tend to carry on for normally.

Roisin Murphy and more for free at Santa Eulalia the week we are over, a right result.

2 Likes

the Harvey formula when I’ve been has always been the screamup disco near the beginning, the longer druggier chuggers in the middle and the bally classics towards the end usually interspersed with 2/3 populist edits he’s played all summer. I hope he doesn’t dilute because that blend is the whole appeal for me

4 Likes

My friends 22yr old daughter + 3 friends were in Ibiza a few weeks ago for 5 days, Ocean beach one day for whatever and Ibiza rocks for some other guy I never heard of. She told me tonight they were at ocean beach when it was announced that the Queen had died but not the day of the famous parade… She said Ocean Beach was to Posh for them and much preferred Ibiza Rocks… Lol

2 Likes

Here’s my session from Pikes last weekend. Sounds a lot more coherent than I thought it was gonna do on listen back. Phew :slight_smile:

Lilith - Todor Amor E Bom (Remix)
Juan Laya & Jorge Montiel - My Way
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (Ben Liebrand 88 Extended Version)
Bad Barbie vs. Evil Smarty - Downside Up (The Disco Seen)
Ace Of Base - Happy Nation (Yucca Mu Edit)
Foster - Tease The Cat
Marcos Valle - Estrelar
Fuga Ronto - L’Uomo Invisibile
Maks - North (Original Mix)
Zuma Dionys - Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke (Zuma Dionys remix)
Bantu Clan - Africa Ni Leo (Esa Extended Mix)
Mr Marvin - Entity (Fitzcarraldo Extasy Of Love)
E.v.o.e - I Don’t Wanna Give Up Your Love (Leopardo Boom Boom Mix)
Crazy P featuring Dele Sosimi - The Witness (Medlar Remix)
Woolfy vs Projections - Cruel Summer
Foster - Neon Life
Bright & Morris - Untitled
XX Edits - Don’t Just Stand There
Gabriele Poso - Everybody Loves the Sunshine (Opolopo Remix)
Lio - Sage Comme Une Image (Rune Lindbæk edit)
Woolfy Vs Projections - West End Girls
Tania Alves - Fankiando Planador (Aroop Roy rework)
Faze Action - Mangwana
Jakatta - American Dream (Atjazz Extended Remix)
30/70 - Tastes Like Freedom (Tornado Wallace Red Face Mix)

Edit - sorry if this should be in the mixes thread!

19 Likes

Looking forward to hearing this… :green_heart:

1 Like

Long day. Exhausted and going to bed soon. Was plain sailing with check in, boarding, first bags out, no queue at all at taxi rank, nice late breakfast at the cool cafe but then got to the hotel and had forgotten my credit card! Panic eventually diverted after some frantic online banking and moving money about. Hotel is a bit gross, Brits galore which is never a good thing but they gave the two of us a room each and daughter loves that and hasn’t noticed the grossness as too young to care so I have adopted her vibe. Think we may need a car for a couple of days at least to escape. Dude out the front of the hotel keeps offering me coke. He must see the pain on my face ha.

6 Likes

Enjoy mate…

1 Like

Good to see you’ve got your Foster ‘bridge tracks’ in there! Looks good will give it a spin tomorrow.

2 Likes

Is the weather a bit shit over there at the moment?

Yesterday was ok, nice and warm with sunny spells but last night was very heavy rain and thunder storms. I am too scared to open the curtains but I see no sunlight through the gaps :frowning:

Sunday and Monday look a bit grim next week too, hope that changes.

Big rain last night and looking a little moody today but the freshness is welcome after the relentless heat of the past few months, though not ideal if you’re on holiday here.

1 Like

Overcast but I see a bit of blue sky in the distance so slightly optimistic. Yep definitely hope it changes. I don’t look at the weather forecast. Just live in hope.

1 Like

Sun is out!!!

1 Like

Hurrah!! :+1: :grin:

1 Like