I hate to tell you this, BUT (The Ibiza Thread)

He played there few years ago too… No way would I pay the entry fee for that place…

2 Likes

Via Harvey Insta…

8 Likes

Just screen grabbed that for you kids… :joy:

2 Likes

Friends son is back from Ibiza he was with a group said they went to 3 of the big clubs and it was very quiet even for Carl Cox…

Fierce

1 Like

About to fly out now for a week with my missus and son.

Not been for quite a few years now and never been with my son in tow.

Staying near San An in a shitty resort hotel as he’s a thirteen year old lad who needs a football pitch nearby.

Anyone got any recommendations for places for food that you can go with kids? Was hoping to try Kasbah, La Torre and Fish Shack.

No pingers for me this time but wouldn’t mind a spliff or two. Not sure the geezers number I have will bother with delivering an eighth.

2 Likes

Jeff - Remember the bloody Europeans use the metric system

2 Likes

Ha ha

Haha I’m a carpenter so I use both.

What if I ask for a penny?

Met a couple of lads in Pikes in May that were showing me the menu their man gave them. Want a price for a hire car included with your gear? Need a manicure thrown in? The lot….:rofl:

4 Likes

My friend living in Barcelona has a menu on his fridge and the guy lives in the same building. Great community spirit :+1:

4 Likes

If you have wheels, head to La Chickeria in Santa Gertrudis - very kid and pocket friendly.
Also Lydia’s on the road to San Juan for burgers etc. Can Garage on the road to Santa Eulalia for bbq. Chidas in Ibiza Town for tacos. Can Pizza in San Jordi. And my mate Yuri’s bar - SoulGood - honestly the best bar in Ibiza in my opinion. Only empanadas and an Asian salad foodwise, but brilliant, well priced drinks and a view of the sea. Donde Marion y Miguel is close by - contender for best steak on the island. Let me know if you need anymore recommends.

5 Likes

PS My son is nearly 13 and doing a football camp type situation some evenings in Santa Eulalia if that is of any interest

1 Like

The football camp is very good and I think there’s another one on the west coast near sunset ashram or whatever its called…

1 Like

Thanks mate, some top tips there.

Going to pick up a car now so will then be out and about.

I did actually go to Ibiza in '89 but rather than popping pills at outdoor clubs it was on a two week lager mission with a bunch of Northampton lads, needless to say most of the island’s joys passed us by.

I visited for a second time in June of 2015 with the Mrs, dog and car on the Barcelona ferry and stayed in an Airbnb on a rundown farmhouse in the middle of the island. Even though it was the middle of June we brought along this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-Beaches-Beautiful-Glorious-Coastline/dp/191099202X and bumped into about 10 people on these beaches in our 5 days travelling about. A really lovely holiday.

4 Likes

David Holmes is playing a 5hr set at Paradise Lost in Ibiza this Sunday if anyone is over this weekend.

5 Likes

He played an amzing sunset at La Torre the other day from what I’ve heard from mates there.

3 Likes

Yeah I heard it was very good… Hopefully he recorded it be interesting to hear what was played… Looks like he’s doing more dj gigs again…

A good friend of his is coming down to us next weekend, he was over there at HLT I’ll ask him what stuff he played.