GG... things that make you go *BOOM*

Any joystick warriors in the ranks?

I must say I’ve been a dabbler since my Dad got a Sinclair and you had to type pages of code to play a Moon lander.

Mrs’s mate caught me playing and called me a ‘Sad bastard’ so maybe start a new account if your embarrassed. Really helped me through lockdown tbh.

Out and proud here… might delete later.

PS4

2 Likes

I was the Eastbourne ‘Defender’ champion in the late 80’s (though Rodney Latchen might dispute that😂)
Always hanging around in arcades, asteroids, gorf, tempest, scramble etc. but Defender was my game.
We had the ZX spectrum with games like Penetrator(!), Manic minor, Jetset Willy (!), Lunar Jetman etc.
Then onto SNES and mario world, Star wars and Star Fox.
Played a lot of PS2, Defender and Tomb Raider and then completely left it all behind. Never played another video game for 20 years until…yes, you guessed it…Fortnite!
I think it’s amazing. Hardly get on at the moment as my son seems to have taken root and fused himself to the PS4.

2 Likes

Just finished Last Of Us Two, that’s defo in the top 5 cannon. Like a HBO drama with zombies and some genuinely horrifying moments. Next level business.

1 Like

Ahh yes, loved Defender, but my real love was Galaxians, used to go to Pub on a Friday afternoon bunking off School with my Rotters ID at age of 15.

Did a year on Fortnite but the building got on my wick, mostly play Warzone now.

Last of Us, too scary for me!

1 Like

Haha! I cannot build at all. My boy laughs saying that Youtubers do challenges to win without ever building and there I am not knowing any other way😂.
Yes, my son plays Warzone. I tried it but i think i just like the colours and the silliness of Fortnite.
The boy (15) has got really back into Mine Craft this lockdown with mates, which was a pleasant surprise.:+1:

1 Like

Minecraft, never tried it, my niece plays it (8) kind of put me off :rofl:

1 Like

I’m not a gamer… any spare time (not enough) I try and make music.
But there’s nothing sad about it (gaming). Much more interactive, and forward looking that sitting in front of a telly watching ‘light entertainment’.
I may well get back into it some day… last game I remember getting really into was Bioshock.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Minecraft a lot recently, I find it very therapeutic, my wife and son are in Japan at the moment as my wife’s dad died and Im home alone, and whilst I got plenty to do (working full time, hobbies etc) I was feeling very very sad about being separated from my wife and son for 2-3 months and my son just randomly said to me ‘play Minecraft dad’ as he had been playing it recently.
Iv spent way to many hours on it now:)

We have a PS4 and I heard the hype about The Last Of Us 2, so decided to splash the cash and give it a try. I loved every minute of it! Its the best modern game I’ve ever played! I have probably only played 20 non-80s games though, but that said it still blew my mind.

2 Likes

That’s tough man, my sympathies, it’s been a tough bloody year, our daughter got the dreaded and we couldn’t go see her was absolutely shite, all better now though thank god and now going out with an Italian, just gets worse! #dadface

2 Likes

I think the “sad bastard” is the person who sees someone enjoying their hobby and pours derision upon them.

2 Likes

Yep, been a gamer since a nipper. Great escapism. Not as much time these days but I do like the story driven stuff: Uncharted, Last Of Us, Red Dead Redemption 2. Dip into FIFA occasionally

Planning to get on Last of Us 2 next, so no spoilers!

1 Like

Ah. Games. Spent too much of my teens in arcades in Blackpool, it was shit growing up in Blackpool apart from going clubbing really young and getting in because you were a local… Oh sorry what was the thread about again, oh yeah, games.
So thought the thread sounded nostalgic at eh first few posts and joined in.
Stand up arcade machines yeah all the above^ tron, gorf, all if em but star wars and return of the Jedi were my faves. There were 3 levels to return of the Jedi, forest on a speeder bike, space in an x wing then into the new death star, you had to fly right in and shoot the central core which then flew you out before it exploded.
If you could do those 3 steps x9 times, the game ended, and you put your name in and got a star by it with label, ‘true Jedi Knight’ that was me.
As you can tell misspent youth so now I just spend hours writing shit on forums.
Sorry, games, bet there’s lots of good ones now
As you were

1 Like