Autechre - you can only pick 1 track

HUGE autechre fan back in the day. ended many a night with “crystel” (as bangin’ songs that changed tempos were de riguer back in that era). i saw them with like 17 other people in an underground nightclub in seattle (called “the underground”) on a tuesday night or whatever as they set up all of their roland boxes on a folding table, this would have been in like maybe 93?

honestly, i think the one that i hold up highest is the VLetrmx off of “Garbage” mostly because it shows that they can do amazing things with what i believe to be just four fucking notes and next to none of the overly-complex rhythm programming they are famous for.

2 Likes

more of this please :grinning:

2 Likes

To get that specific, i’d have to rewind my brain to state of which it wouldn’t recognise :slight_smile: I loved Autechre, they have a very artistic, methodical, but abstract method in their madness. To be a prude i’d say somewhat aping the don Aphex but also wonderfully diverse and experimental on a different level to him later in their endeavours.

1 Like

I agree they come from the same stock but would say they’ve furrowed a very different path over the years.

I thought this was fantastic…

1 Like

Best use of glide on a synth intro ever imho

1 Like

Do remixes count? always loved this track

1 Like