A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

There was a family swim/dip for a local charity here this morning so they get a pass :pray:

4 Likes

Glad you made it and appreciate you feeding back :v:t2:

2 Likes

Reminds me of these pictures taken in 1988 /89 in Sheriff Street Dublin by Colm Pierce…

Hard to believe those 3 kids making a plan to get the ball back from that bull…

6 Likes

Reminds me of my nana’s dog when I was a kid, he was called Mac and was a crazy MFer, liked to chase passing cars

Took this morning on the way to work… Freezing and some brave souls in the water.

Great swell coming this afternoon and tomorrow, surfers are happy

6 Likes

I reckon everyone in the inner cities had a “hard dog” in the 80’s. They certainly did in Liverpool!

1 Like

I asked a mate from there about the dog think I posted it before, his name was Sam, deaf and blind in one eye after being run over on the Docks near sherrif St. He just hung around with all the kids for years, tough as nails and mad for balls. No way visious. In the picture with the kid on skates he’s old and battle worn but lived a good life…tough times but good times :green_heart:

2 Likes

Sam’s a nice name. Most of the rottweilers, pitbulls, dobermans etc where I grew up were almost always called Marley, Floyd or Tyson!

1 Like

‘Electronic Soundmaker’ magazine, Aug 84…

3 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

IMG_0890

5 Likes

Bocca Juniors

10 Likes

Bloody hell. I’m not too far from there either! I need a trip out… on many levels.

1 Like

It’s a good spot and nice area in general.

1 Like

_79849885_robgretton-17240-001aaa (1)

4 Likes

Terry Hall tribute - no apologies for so many photos, this man was a part of all our lives. RIP

16 Likes

I saw him do Ghost Town on stage with Tricky at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire, wearing pyjamas & smoking a massive spliff. Icon.

7 Likes