2020 Sleeper Records

2020 was weird for obvious reasons, and like most people was totally distracted at times and missed some great music- I only recently realised this album from Suzanne Kraft came out - and its great… it has the killer ‘Special Times & Places’ from the chill pill comp and a bunch of others as well- I saw no press for it, but its proper modern poppy balearic gear with some darn good songs… anyone else got an underrated 2020 record to reccommend?

7 Likes

This seem a bit overlooked to me….

5 Likes

ah yes! Piers, every good home needs that demo version of Venise…snuck out late in the year- so so good…

1 Like

Really good, missed that AKSK. Just checked … classic Juno filing under ‘Deep House’. Also missed the LP Suzanne Kraft did with Suso on Music from Memory last year. This could become an expensive thread! Ha

Love this - so bloody good

I always though this should have been on far more end of year lists - in my top 3 last year

1 Like

This deserved more attention imho Cogitate | Promoter Sounds like an ambient Basic Channel record.

I’ve put this in another thread but this one seems to have gone under the radar , they’re a new band from Cardiff but signed to DAIS. Heavily indebted to The Blue Nile and Talk Talk. Sophisticated luxury pop. Definitely on my list of people to see once we’re able to go and do stuff like that again Aleph | Private World

This is ace - in any other year it wouldn’t have been a sleeper…

4 Likes

Yes indeed, i picked this up only a couple of weeks ago and played in a mix last weekend. Someone suggested the Ron Trent mix sounded Idjut-ish which i agree with. Lovely tune.

1 Like

Lovely, thanks. Sounds like the chain reaction stuff

1 Like

Really loved that TASE record. Trippy laid back late night bleepers. Sounds like Galcher Lustwerk on SUED records…

3 Likes

I already wrote up some of my favs most of which I haven’t seen too much about anywhere

Sorry to be that guy but I think the post is worthwhile

3 Likes

yep seconded- excellent album nice varied selection- particulalry like the bumping numbers!

Seriously good shout.
Top end sounds :joy:

1 Like

the new Maria Minerva on 100% Silk. Probably her leanest and most dancefloor-facing album yet, I think it got overlooked as she’s been off the grid for a few years.

2 Likes

I liked this 12" by Romaal Kultan quite a bit and it seems to have been overlooked by many.

Forgot about her. Have some of her older stuff somewhere. Will check that out.

Not sure if they are all “sleeper records”…

2 Likes

Freak Like U is so great, it could have came from any point in the last thirty years too.

3 Likes